Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sen. Ted Kennedy Dies

Chapaquiddick Bridge!

Yep absolutely. I asked my dad if he ever served any kind of time for that and he said he didn't think so. My dad said what seemed really strange was the woman's mom and dad didn't seem to be a huge deal and he has always wondered if the Kennedy's paid them a handsome sum of money.

Yeah, not a fan of this man either.

Comment

Abortion

gay marriage/rights

Upreme Court nominee Judge Bork

drunkenness

womanizer

Maybe in his debilitative state this past year, he found repentance and faith?

Issachar
      The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Kennedy 'wanted to go to heaven'

Comment

What is really interesting about that story is the comments posted. While I have no idea the state of his eternal soul, I know for sure that paying of the Catholic church did not gain him admission into the pearly gates.

Comment

Originally posted by Denise View Post
            Chapaquiddick Bridge!

Yep absolutely. I asked my dad if he ever served any kind of time for that and he said he didn't think so.
            I heard yesterday he served two months probation, meaning he didn't serve anything.

WLNF

Comment

My dad was right, that is exactly what he had thought.

How many other people would get away with that one? There is definitely power in money and money talks and buys it's way out of any situation it can.

Comment

Keep in mind, if you are too young to remember, that in the same decade both brother, John and Robert, were assassinated. The Kennedy family were treated like demigods by so very many. Especially in Massachusetts. Had it happened 10 years later, I believe he would have been charged with manslaughter at a minimum. I don't think that he ever even served probation or was charged with a crime, if my memory serves me correctly.

here is a link to an old Time magazine article on Chappaquidik--apparently he pleaded guilty to "leaving the scene of an accident."
                http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...901159,00.html
                Last edited by Glorify Him; 08-28-2009, 02:40 PM. Reason: add a link

Comment

Working...
                X