Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 10 virgins are not the church

I know we have talked about this before a while back

the 10 virgins are the guests called to the wedding feast. The gospels give several examples of this. the guests wait at the fathers house for the groom to bring his bride home. Only the guests present when the Groom and bride arrive at the fathers house get to go in to the marriage and feast. those who really didn't believe there would be a wedding (had the oil, faith) are left out in the cold.........

The guests at the wedding are old testament Israel

Matthew Mark, Luke John is to the Jew ---much more than to the church..... Jesus was the minister/apostle to the Jew. only after his death were his followers told to go to the gentiles.......

Matthew 24 is written to tribulation era Israel after the rapture of the church...... talking to the JEW .......looking forward to the 2nd coming.......
    its about dispensationism

Re: The 10 virgins are not the church

Agreed. A lot of wasted fear and false speculation has been wasted with a correct dividing of the Truth.

Comment

My assistant pastor replied:
      Quoting Steve _______ ,

The parable of the 10 Virgins and talents also speak to a broader
      metaphor would you not agree?

my answer:
      If the ten virgins were the church, the parable clearly teaches that if you are not continiously on fire for GOD you are not saved---that you can loose your salvation,,, or that if you are backslidden when the rapture happens you will be left behind to endure part or all the tribulation....

this an error in theology..... scripture says """we ALL"" will be raptured who have had a salvation experiance......

imho, "broader metaphors" confuse people and allow them to pick and choose what part of the Christian message they are most comfortable with........

This is One reason why I am so troubled with the purpose driven movement....I do not question the motives of the leaders, or their salvation...
      but imho, lots of people within it are self decieved into thinking they are saved but are not..... Christian psychology is not the Gospel ....

btw, who died and left Webster in charge of how things are susposed to be spelled ??? Lewis

>
      Last edited by lewisb; 05-15-2009, 09:24 PM.

Comment

The five wise virgins were saved. They left whem the bride groom came. The saved on earth are the chruch. The five foolish were lost because the bride groom said "I never new you".

Comment

Originally posted by Lay it to Heart View Post
          The five wise virgins were saved. They left whem the bride groom came. The saved on earth are the chruch. The five foolish were lost because the bride groom said "I never new you".
          Does the Groom marry the bride's maids or the Bride? Does the Groom "snatch" the Bride or the bride's maids? The following is from Fruchtenbaum's "The Jewish Wedding System and the Bride of the Messiah":
          THE FETCHING OF THE BRIDE
          A. The Jewish Wedding System
          In the Jewish wedding system, the groom would go to the home of the bride on the wedding day to fetch her to his home. This would lead to a bridal procession like the one found in Matthew 25:1–13, for example. The groom had left and he is now coming back with the bride. The virgins in this parable do not represent the Church. The virgins go out to meet the groom as he is returning to his home with the bride.

B. The Application to the Bride of the Messiah
          The application to the Bride of the Messiah is the Rapture of the Church. The fetching of the Bride of the Messiah will be accomplished by the Rapture of the Church. The main Scripture for the Rapture is 1 Thessalonians 4:13–18. In verse 13, the question is asked, “What about dead saints? Will they miss out on the benefits of the Rapture? Will only living ones benefit?” In verses 14–15, Paul states that they will not miss out on the benefits of the Rapture; rather, they will begin to receive the benefits even before living believers do.

Then in verses 16–17, he spells out the seven steps by which the Rapture will occur. First, the Messiah will come from Heaven into the earth’s atmosphere and, in that sense; He will enter into the realm of the home of the Bride. Secondly, He will then give a shout. The Greek word used is the word that means, “a military command.” Thus, He will issue the command as a military general does for the process to begin. The third step will be the voice of the archangel. Michael the archangel is pictured here as the sub commander, who will repeat the order of the chief commander. Then in the fourth step, the trump of God will sound. After the sub commander had issued his orders, the trumpeter would issue his calls so the soldiers could know what to do: whether to attack, to retreat, to go forward or right or reverse or whatever. So the trump of God will sound. Then fifth, the dead in the Messiah will rise first. This is why the dead saints will not miss out on the benefits of the Rapture; they will receive them first by being raised first. Sixth, those who are alive will be caught up [or raptured] to meet the Lord in the air. Seventh, the believers will ever be with the Lord. From then on, believers will be with Him because He is the believer’s husband. So in verse 18, that is a word of comfort for those of us who have believing friends and relatives who have now passed away; they will some day be resurrected. If we are alive then, we will join them in that Rapture.

It is after the fetching of the Bride into Heaven that the final point of cleansing and sanctification will come. 1 Corinthians 3:10–15 describes the Judgment Seat of the Messiah, when “the wood, hay, and stubble will be burned away and the gold, silver, and precious stone will be purified.”

According to 1 Corinthians 15:50–58, the Church will indeed be glorified because, at that point, “mortality will put on immortality and corruption will put on incorruption.”

Comment

People keep asking me and debating this so I thought I should Bump this once a year

Comment

The story is a parable and does not have to exactly match life as we understand it. One thing is clear. The wise virgins were saved. The foolish virgins were lost. The part that may apply to us the most is verse 6; "And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him." I believe midnight is almost here.

Comment

Originally posted by LitH
                I believe midnight is almost here.
                Really? I was thinking we had another minute or two until midnight.

Issachar, seriously agrees that things are moving fast ..
                The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Originally posted by lewishb View Post
                  The parable of the 10 Virgins and talents also speak to a broader
                  metaphor would you not agree?
                  I agree with you Lewis that it is to Israel
                  Jesus gave the reason or point of the parable:

Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Same with the days of Noah and talents context. So the point is watch. If that same message is given to the church as well as Israel then it would be safe to expand that point to cover both dispensations. But the examination of the details of every line will cause confusion.

It’s like the telling of a joke, if ya insist on examining the details of the joke ya ruin it.

Example
                  Storyteller: A guy walks into a bar with a monkey …
                  Hearer: What's the monkey name?
                  Storyteller: Huh? Oh? I don’t know … anyway they sit down at the bar and ….
                  Hearer: you don’t know the monkeys name?
                  Storyteller: Grrr..Wait for the punch line will ya! … The bartender says…
                  Hearer: The monkeys GOT to have a name
                  Storyteller walks away shaking head.

Living in hope, and having your eyes on heavenly things, seeking the kingdom first, living in light of the WHOLE story is just not an option.

1Jo 3:2b -3 it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Comment

I have read the most bizarre posts at another web site regarding the Rapture.
                    And I thought they were very rude to Lewis in his posts there.
                    I was so upset by what they said that today I called a christian station and talked with the DJ off air and he told me that their view of the Rapture was not biblical.
                    I decided not to go back to that site.
                    I am glad I found this site.

Comment

Does not matter if people are unkind when we tell the truth........
                      we are called to be light in a very dark world....I also write short articles for the UFO Digest magazine ((talk about a DARK place))showing GODs truth in Science....People need to know the truth.... the religious leaders persecuted GODs prophets and our Lord,, and Jesus said they will persecute us too........

I intend to speak out as long as I can where ever i can.............

Comment

Working...
                      X