Going to Phase 5 today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to Phase 5 today!

Looks like it's a foregone conclusion now.

WHO to raise swine flu alert level to 5
    http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...tionid=3510212

Re: Going to Phase 5 today!

My son was telling me this afternoon that if/when it goes to 6, that all grocery stores will be closed and any travel, other than like if you're in law enforcement or medical, will be banned....like martial law.

Has anyone else heard this?

Comment

In Mexico City, they have shut down street vendors, and restaurants are only allowed to sell take-out food so people don't sit in the same room and mingle.

On the flip side, I read an article by Ron Graham who said that we have had a pestilence that people have grown accustomed to. AIDS killed about half a million Americans last year.

It is so strange how we become calloused to death in certain instances.

We had a school close in Fair Oaks, a suburb of Sacramento, from Monday to Thursday because a boy had the flu (he recovered).

Comment

My son was telling me this afternoon that if/when it goes to 6, that all grocery stores will be closed and any travel, other than like if you're in law enforcement or medical, will be banned....like martial law.

Yikes.......What is this information about level 6 based on?

Comment

Originally posted by VickiV View Post

Have not heard this, but I would think to enforce this martial law would
          have to be declared.

Comment

Glen Beck just said he "heard" they were going to level 6. No elaboration .... yet.
            I haven't heard anything about what a level 6 would entail.

Issachar
            The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Oh man..., they better not go to level six until I get to the grocery store and buy toliet paper. lol

On a more serious note..., I just recieved a pre-recorded message from our school district regarding the swine flu, we don't have it in Illinois, but they said they are in contact daily with the health departments and are taking extreme measures wipe down the school daily and hand sanitizers are place by drinking fountains, etc.

Ok..., am feeling a little stressed over this, lol.

Comment

Obama: 'Whatever it takes' as swine flu nears pandemic level

The world moved to the brink of an global influenza pandemic Wednesday as the fast-spreading swine flu, which has gained at least a toehold in nine countries, claimed its first victim in the USA, a Mexican toddler visiting in Texas.

The World Health Organization raised its global alert level to phase 5, just one level below 6, or "global pandemic," because the virus appears to be spreading easily person-to-person and cases are appearing that have no link to Mexico. That's where the virus first began to hit broadly just a few weeks ago.

The new level signifies that "all countries should immediately activate their pandemic preparedness plans," World Health Organization Director-General Margaret Chan said. The world will need to pull together to deal with the threat, she said, because "it really is all of humanity that is under threat during a pandemic."

more
                http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...wine-flu_N.htm

Comment

My son obviously heard it wrong. I just heard that should it proceed to Level 6 that grocery stores, medical facilities and law enforcement will be all that is left open.

Sounds as if they are planning on it going to Level 6.

On a good note, having just returned from the grocery store, myself...where I did not buy pork. However, it dawned on me as I saw the well-stocked pork section (in comparison to the beef and chicken) that we may soon see some drastic reductions in pork products including hams, bacon, etc. That's why I didn't buy any today.

Comment

Working...
                  X