Clear All

• Homeland Security: End - time prophecies fuel extremism

title should read could fuel.......

From another site........

http://www.fulfilledprophecy.com/wor...extremists.pdf

Read at 75%

On pg 4 about 1/2 way down the sidebar on the right

(U) Economic Hardship and Extremism

(U//FOUO) Historically, domestic rightwing extremists have feared, predicted, and anticipated a cataclysmic economic collapse in the United States.

Prominent antigovernment conspiracy theorists have incorporated aspects of an impending economic collapse to intensify fear and paranoia among like-minded individuals and to attract recruits during times of economic uncertainty.

Conspiracy theories involving declarations of martial law, impending civil strife or racial conflict, suspension of the U.S. Constitution, and the creation of citizen detention camps often incorporate aspects of a failed economy.

Anti-government conspiracy theories and “end times” prophecies could motivate extremist individuals and groups to stockpile food, ammunition, and weapons.These teachings also have been linked with the radicalization of domestic extremist individuals and groups in the past, such as violent Christian Identity organizations and extremist members of the militia movement.
    Last edited by cnav; 04-16-2009, 12:27 PM. Reason: word correction

"Rightwing Extremism" Document

Issued April 7, 2009 from DHS

http://www.freedomalliance.org/image...mismreport.pdf

Comment

Re: "Rightwing Extremism" Document

I'm going to respond here, and then merge this into cnav's post down below, concerning the same document.

The statement about "end times prophesies" is in the middle of page 4.

I find it very interesting that it is placed in the section entitled "Economic Hardship and Extremism." IMHO, this simply reiterates to us the fact that what we here at WeDG take as self-evident is a complete foreign language - an unheard of and ludicrous concept - to most of the rest of the world, particularly to our own government. We are viewed by the world (as exemplified by DHS) as poor, probably illiterate, struggling, & bitter (sorry, I couldn't help that one), and holding onto a fantasy concerning the "end times" to rescue us from world events (particularly economic) that we simply don't have the mental capacity to understand. After all, the world is enlightened, and we are not.

This is undoubtedly the document that riled the veterans' feathers, and caused Mz. Napolitano (whatever spelling) to have to apologize.

Now, I think I'll turn off this computer that I'm too dumb to understand, and go grub around for some grub.

To paraphrase Issachar somewhat:

PlumBob - thinking his government has lost its wits....

Comment

Re: Homeland Security: End - time prophecies fuel extremism

Well said PlumBob

We should remember John 15:18 when Jesus said
        18"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.

There is no telling what we will see in the next year..... if we are still
        here.

Comment

Re: "Rightwing Extremism" Document

Ms. Napoleon is an hysterical moonbat trying to stir up hatred and mistrust for a problem that doesn't exist.

While ignoring the jihadists who have a confirmed record of killing Americans quite spectacularly; which is not the best adjective. Meaning they go for "big events".

Comment

Despite what I think, what I've read in scripture, what we've discussed over the years here, as I sit here and read this document, just about every paragraph is causing me to open my eyes even more wide and say, "what ...??"

I am amazed that this is put out there so blatantly by the government.

Issachar
            The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

For me it might be similar to living in a tornado prone area. You know they're real. You know that they are extremely destructive. You see a LOT of evidence of just how powerful they can be and consequently go about making sure that there is a shelter for you family to get into should one come, store up some food, water, batteries ... whatever; just get as ready as you can. Then a day comes where one of those monsters is bearing right down on the neighborhood. You scramble the family as best you can to the shelter and if you make it on time and survive the thing, you are thinking; "this cannot be happening!!" or "OMG!! It's really happening!!"

Issachar, hoping to video a tornado out in a open area someday.
              The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar View Post
                Brother, come and visit Tennessee in the spring, this year has not been
                bad so far but the last 3-4 years you would have had several good
                chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar View Post
                  For me it might be similar to living in a tornado prone area. You know they're real. You know that they are extremely destructive. You see a LOT of evidence of just how powerful they can be and consequently go about making sure that there is a shelter for you family to get into should one come, store up some food, water, batteries ... whatever; just get as ready as you can. Then a day comes where one of those monsters is bearing right down on the neighborhood. You scramble the family as best you can to the shelter and if you make it on time and survive the thing, you are thinking; "this cannot be happening!!" or "OMG!! It's really happening!!"

EXACTLY, Issachar! You have described my emotions and feelings to a "T"! No matter how prepared we are, or think we are, to see things happening causes almost a surprise reaction. Yes, we can take heart that we have read the BOOK, we know the ultimate END of all these things, that our LORD & SAVIOR prevails...but in the short term, we are still surprised to see them unveiling....

Comment

A friend wrote me back this morning stating: It feels like a bad dream.Yes, it does feel like a bad dream, or some movie, or something that you read or watched that occurred in history, but did not affect you directly. Sounds like pre-WW2 or Queen Ester days or bunches of other things.

Issachar's post this morning hit it on the head for me...He said it is like (for his area of the country) preparing for tornado possibility...having food, water, safe room, etc. Knowing all the things to do and being prepared to do it...but when it happens, being shocked, traumatized and OMG, it has happened! Like the hurricanes here a couple of years ago...

And yet, we read prophecy and believe in our hearts the Lord's WORD, yet seeing things come to pass, we go into denial. We wake in the morning and the cloud is over us, because everything is changing and things are happening....and even knowing that we will be with the LORD whether the rapture comes first or our bodily death, the survival instinct longs for "normal"...or what we perceive as normal.

And the big question hangs, unanswered. Where do I go from here? What do I do? Just to continue to live, day by day? Paul says we must keep on, keeping on...and yet, Jesus says "it will be like the days of Noah when people were eating and drinking and giving in marriage..." which tells me that our normal daily routines should be different, since those folkes were lost. Our activites should be to persevere, but .... well I'm not anywhere near able to put into words all my questions and wonderings..... And so, the cloud persists. And maybe it should.....

Comment

Working...
                    X