No announcement yet.

My much broker says :) the Dollar ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My much broker says :) the Dollar ....

Talked to my UBS Financial broker and he said that the Dollar is "vastly oversold" and will bounce back up in value by the 3rd quarter of 2008........

Gold will go down and the market will recover value this year.....
    Last edited by PlumBob; 03-19-2008, 09:03 PM.

Re: My much broker says the Dollar ....

Quick, go sell all your gold coins, bricks and tooth fillings...

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Soldier View Post
      Quick, go sell all your gold coins, bricks and tooth fillings...
      Getting my tooth filling out now. :^)

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis
        ... the Dollar is "vastly oversold" and will bounce back up in value by the 3rd quarter of 2008........
        Did he indicate as to why? It seems unlikely to me with the central bankers creating so much fiat currency in recent years and especially, just this past year. What's more valuable? A pound of gold or a pound of sand? Which is more common; easily had?

Issachar
        The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Originally posted by DUB & EVE View Post
          Getting my tooth filling out now. :^)
          ---------

Is that tooth filling 22-karats? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by lewishb View Post
            Talked to my UBS Financial broker and he said that the Dollar is "vastly oversold" and will bounce back up in value by the 3rd quarter of 2008........

I'll admit that I have mixed emotions here. I intend to buy a house later this year or early next - and am closely watching housing prices, to get the best deal I can. So from that standpoint, I want to see this thing work completely through its cycle. Do I want to see others suffer - absolutely not. Am I tired of earning 3% money market rates - you bet....

Me thinks your broker is more "hopeful" than "realistic," however.

Comment

Originally posted by lewishb View Post

I believe he is right on.

Comment

Dub, Lewis didn't get back yet .... can you say why you think the dollar will go up? It's going down because so many have been thin air created and that is continuing unabated and with other institutions not too far from where Bear Stearns was last Friday/weekend, I guessing the dollar creation will continue throughout the year. It would be nice if it regained some strength so prices could go down but that will only happen if interest rates go back up from their current 2.5%. Since they just got down there yesterday, I doubt they'll be back up too soon. When they do go back up, it will slam on the brakes even more with the housing market. Right now it is either recession or inflation. Such is a fiat system run amuck like we have now. A few years ago Mr. Greenspan did a long series of rate hikes because he was so concerned (partly legitimately) about inflation. That, in conjunction with all the junk loans that banks made (I think it was coordinated for their purpose) popped the silly housing bubble that needed popping anyway. Now they are (so called) worried about recession and openly admit that they don't care if they cause inflation just as long as they prevent recession. Well, the geniuses are causing both ... recession with inflation; i.e. stagflation. So I am just curious what you and Lewis are seeing that makes you so optimistic about the dollar going back up (i.e. lower prices)?

Thanks,
                Issachar
                The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis
                  ... and the market will recover value this year.....
                  Recover value or just go up in price? Houses have done that for the most part. They went way up in price but not in value. Same structure; same plot of ground ... price? Skyrocket. Now a about 150 gold eagle coins will get you a very nice house.

Issachar

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar View Post
                    Houses . . . now (cost) about 150 gold eagle coins . . .
                    I was thinking about this last night, and intended to suggest that you do a comparison of prices of some common things - in terms of oz. of gold - over the past 20 years or so.... You have a knack for doing such things so well

I'd bet that we've seen a remarkable inflation in "prices" - even though it is quite clear that "value" is no greater now than at anytime before. A house, for instance, keeps me warm, dry, and safe.

Comment

It sure was nice to see oil drop almost a full $5/barrel today.

Comment

Yes, it certainly was, Andy. Perhaps it will flow through to the pump in a few days.

Comment

Working...
                        X