Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope washes Muslim refugees feet/we are brothers/same God

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/pope-was...hers-1.2830984

CASTELNUOVO DI PORTO, Italy -- Pope Francis washed and kissed the feet of Muslim, Orthodox, Hindu and Catholic refugees Thursday, declaring them children of the same God, in a gesture of welcome and brotherhood at a time when anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant sentiment has spiked following the Brussels attacks.

"We have different cultures and religions, but we are brothers and we want to live in peace," Francis said in his homily, delivered off-the-cuff in the windy courtyard of the centre.
    The Vatican's new norms said anyone from the "people of God" could be chosen to participate in the ceremony. While the phrase "people of God" usually refers to baptized Christians, the decree also said that pastors should instruct "both the chosen faithful and others so that they may participate in the rite consciously, actively and fruitfully," suggesting that the rite could be open to non-Catholics as well.

Francis seemed to define "people of God" as open-ended.

"All of us, together: Muslims, Hindi, Catholics, Copts, Evangelicals. But brothers, children of the same God," he said. "We want to live in peace, integrated."
    Last edited by cnav; 03-24-2016, 03:28 PM.

Re: Pope washes Muslim refugees feet/we are brothers/same God

Although he is right we were all created by God, his version has a twist, as we were all created to worship Him and no other. The verse stating "a form of godliness" keeps coming to mind when I see this thread.

Comment

I bristle when I hear people say Muslims and Christians worship the same God, something this pope has said repeatedly. Not even close. SAT, you have said the pope may be the false prophet, and frankly, I have taken that opinion with a grain of salt. But, I'm beginning to believe it could be possible. I doubt we will know for sure, since I believe we will be raptured before the AC and FP are revealed.

wlnf

Comment

Originally posted by WasLostNowFound View Post
        I doubt we will know for sure, since I believe we will be raptured before the AC and FP are revealed.

wlnf
        Agree wlnf. I don't know if this Pope is going to be one, but he is definitely heading the RC church and all he can take with him in that direction.
        He has openly talked about retiring soon so.....big shrug

Comment

It is all about Jesus...

Qu'ran says Allah has no son and Jesus is a prophet

The Bible says Jesus is God's Son

If one God has a Son and the other doesn't they are not the same God! Why some insist they are beyond me, other than delusion.

Comment

Originally posted by cnav
            ... other than delusion.
            That's it, I believe.

2 Thessalonians 2:
            And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
            11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Issachar
            The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Working...
            X