One World Religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One World Religion

A one world religion (owr) is prominent in last days prophecy and is mentioned fairly often on this board .. but as a part of various threads .. but I think it needs it's own thread and as far as I can tell, there isn't one. Sorry whoever started it, if there is one .. I didn't find it though.

So I want to start with this info:

We are galloping toward a one-world melding of religions, and the ramifications are staggering. Pope Francis has now sent a video message to Word of Faith father Kenneth Copeland, urging a reconciliation between Catholics and Charismatics.

“The Catholic and Charismatic Renewal is the hope of the Church,” exclaims Anglican Episcopal Bishop Tony Palmer, before a group of cheering followers at the Kenneth Copeland Ministries. Palmer said those words are from the Vatican. Before playing the video message from Pope Francis to Kenneth Copeland, Palmer told the crowd, “When my wife saw that she could be Catholic, and Charismatic, and Evangelical, and Pentecostal, and it was absolutely accepted in the Catholic Church, she said that she would like to reconnect her roots with the Catholic culture. So she did.”

The crowd cheered, as he continued, “Brothers and sisters, Luther’s protest is over. Is yours?”

Even Kenneth Copeland finds this development incredible: Said Copeland, “Heaven is thrilled over this…You know what is so thrilling to me? When we went into the ministry 47 years ago, this was impossible.”

How can this impossibility be? Could the ears of those once aware of the evils of ecumenicism suddenly be sealing shut? What is even more gobsmackingly painful is the reaction from evangelicals, who seem quite thrilled with this unholy alliance.

Here is the longer version of what Copeland and Palmer said. Note that at about 40 minutes in, Copeland and the congregants join in prayer for the “Holy Father,” then watch as Anthony Palmer videotapes a return message to Pope Francis from Kenneth Copeland himself.

Here is just the Pope’s message, at about 30 minutes in:

Here is the transcript:

“Two rules: Love God above all, and love the other (neighbor), because he is your brother and sister. With these two rules we can go ahead. I am here with my brother, my bishop brother, Tony Palmer. We’ve been friends for years.

He told me about your conference, about your meeting. And it’s my pleasure to greet you. A greeting both joyful and nostalgic (yearning). Joyful because it gives me joy that you have come together to worship Jesus Christ the only Lord. And to pray to the Father and to receive the Holy Spirit. This brings me joy because we can see that God is working all over the world. Nostalgic (yearning) because but…it happens, as within our suburbs. In the suburbs there are families that love each other and families that don’t love each other. Families that come together and families who separate themselves. We are kind of…permit me to say, separated.

Separated because, it’s sin that has separated us, all our sins. The misunderstandings throughout history. It has been a long road of sins that we all shared in. Who is to blame? We all share the blame. We have all sinned. There is only one blameless, the Lord. I am nostalgic (yearning), that this separation comes to an end and gives us communion. I am nostalgic (yearning), of that embrace that the Holy Scripture speaks of when Joseph’s brothers began to starve from hunger, they went to Egypt, to buy, so that they could eat.

They went to buy. They had money. But they couldn’t eat the money. But there they found something more than food, they found their brother. All of us have currency. The currency of our culture. The currency of our history. We have lot of cultural riches, and religious riches. And we have diverse traditions. But we have to encounter one another as brothers. We must cry together like Joseph did. These tears will unite us. The tears of love.

I am speaking to you as a brother. I speak to you in a simple way. With joy and nostalgia (yearning). Let us allow our nostalgia (yearning) to grow, because this will propel us to find each other, to embrace one another. And together to worship Jesus Christ as the only Lord of History.

I thank you profoundly for listening to me. I thank you profoundly for allowing me to speak the language of the heart. And I also ask you a favor. Please pray for me, because I need your prayers. And I will pray for you, I will do it, but I need your prayers. And let us pray to the Lord that He unites us all. Come on, we are brothers. Let’s give each other a spiritual hug and let God complete the work that he has begun. And this is a miracle; the miracle of unity has begun.

A famous Italian author named Manzoni, once wrote in his novel, of a simle man amongst the people, who once said this, “I’ve never seen God begin a miracle without Him finishing it well.” He will complete this miracle of unity. I ask you to bless me, and I bless you. From brother to brother, I embrace you. Thank you.”
    (bold in original) source

I'll be interested in seeing first, if this goes anywhere and second, how it will work, if it does go somewhere. Will Copeland & Co. submit to Francis as the representative of Christ on the earth? Will the pope allow them to do their own things and merely get along?

Interesting days ...

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Re: One World Religion

oh Issachar that was really hard to watch.

I agree with you, we have to keep an eye on this. Sure seems like A LOT of things have been lining up lately.

It gets clearer and clearer each day just how close we are to the rapture. The puzzle pieces are falling into place right before our eyes. The things we used to wonder about, that we used to question "how can all these things in prophecy come about" seem to coming forward now for us to see and understand more.

Every day, something new, lol

Comment

Ok I had to log back on tonight because I couldn't sleep. There is one more thing bugging me about this "we are all catholic now." I don't care about what the Lutheran and Methodist and catholic signed. As long as the Catholic Church teaches that purgatory is still needed, they are teaching that the finished work on the cross was not sufficient for salvation. That is "another gospel" in my book.

Comment

Certainly Denise, it's another gospel.
        There is a purgatory, for those who are unsaved or believe someone can pray them into Heaven, it does exist.
        That place is called Hell. (Luke 16:20-31)
        Hell is the holding place (while awaiting the Great White Throne Judgment) for those who decided to either reject Christ outright, or put it off, or worse...believe their Priest, Pastor, Elders, etc. have the power to forgive them of their sins.
        In the passage, we read it DOES exist, and there is REAL torment.
        Nobody can pray you across the gulf (Luke 20:26) that is there to prevent anyone from crossing from Hell into Heaven.
        One more thing is the recount of the Thief On The Cross (Luke 24:42-43).
        Jesus told him "today you will be with me in paradise).
        Not "oh you'll be in a waiting area until the Judgment, but it's a really nice one with good coffee and a Bible on every chair."
        The one world religion is coming closer, and it's going to require many to drop their "preconceived notions" about the other religions.
        Those preconceived notions are the differences between Christ and their god, between how you get to Heaven, and what you must do to get there.
        Enter in another gospel.
        There is only one way to the Father, and that is through Christ.
        You can't get to Heaven any other way than to believe that Christ is the son of God, and that he died for your sins.

Comment

Originally posted by gregstien
          You can't get to Heaven any other way than to believe that Christ is the son of God, and that he died for your sins.
          gregstien! That is SO ununifying to say! How can the "world" achieve peace with thinking like that?

Matthew 10:
          Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Issachar
          The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar View Post
            gregstien! That is SO ununifying to say! How can the "world" achieve peace with thinking like that?

Matthew 10:
            Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Issachar
            Yes, and narrow minded to boot!

Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
            Last edited by Ron; 02-23-2014, 11:25 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that only the "unsaved" go to purgatory, but everyone has to go there first because no one is perfect. That was my understanding.

Comment

Just a reminder but they aren't the only Christians aligning themselves with the OWR. And can be linked to summits with the Pope and the Vatican

At the 41 minute mark.
                Please note Rick Warren's comment of how many he has under his control....and that was back in 2008

From cnav's post

Brian C. Stiller (Global Ambassador for the World Evangelical Alliance, USA).
                KAICIID meeting: peace mapping

http://wedg.millenniumweekend.org/fo...-peace-mapping

Brian C Stiller (born 1942) is Global Ambassador of the World Evangelical Alliance, the global association which represents some 600 million Evangelical Protestants.
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Stiller
                http://dispatchesfrombrian.com/2014/...r-report-2014/

And recently was in attendance at a Vatican summit.
                Scroll down the page of the above.
                How many more are there???? and have just scratched the surface????
                Last edited by SAT; 02-23-2014, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Denise View Post
                  correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that only the "unsaved" go to purgatory, but everyone has to go there first because no one is perfect. That was my understanding.
                  Hi Denise. "Purgatory"; also known as "The Final Purification" is covered in the Catechism of the Catholic Church in paragraphs 1030-1032.

1030 All who die in God's grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven.

1031 The Church gives the name Purgatory to this final purification of the elect, which is entirely different from the punishment of the damned. The Church formulated her doctrine of faith on Purgatory especially at the Councils of Florence and Trent. The tradition of the Church, by reference to certain texts of Scripture, speaks of a cleansing fire:

As for certain lesser faults, we must believe that, before the Final Judgment, there is a purifying fire. He who is truth says that whoever utters blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will be pardoned neither in this age nor in the age to come. From this sentence we understand that certain offenses can be forgiven in this age, but certain others in the age to come.

1032 This teaching is also based on the practice of prayer for the dead, already mentioned in Sacred Scripture: "Therefore [Judas Maccabeus] made atonement for the dead, that they might be delivered from their sin." From the beginning the Church has honored the memory of the dead and offered prayers in suffrage for them, above all the Eucharistic sacrifice, so that, thus purified, they may attain the beatific vision of God. The Church also commends almsgiving, indulgences, and works of penance undertaken on behalf of the dead:

Let us help and commemorate them. If Job's sons were purified by their father's sacrifice, why would we doubt that our offerings for the dead bring them some consolation? Let us not hesitate to help those who have died and to offer our prayers for them.
                  When I was in a catholic school in the mid-sixties, we were taught that there were three types of sin; original, venial and mortal. The teaching was that all are born with original sin and baptism takes that away. Venial sin were the sins that weren't so bad. If you died before going to confession (enter into a smal booth and confess, in a certain format, you sins, to the priest that was behind a perforated, translucent window) and had venial sins on your soul, you went to purgatory where fire would cleanse away those sins by your suffering there. It would take some number of years for that to happen. You could get time off in purgatory if loved ones, still on earth, went to a priest and asked him, usually for a fee, to say a mass on behalf of your deceased loved one(s). However, if you died and had mortal sins on your soul, you went directly to hell .. no hope. Some examples of venial sins might be cussing, disobeyed parents, stole something ... and mortal sins would be like, adultery, murder and missing mass on Sunday:

2181 The Sunday Eucharist is the foundation and confirmation of all Christian practice. For this reason the faithful are obliged to participate in the Eucharist on days of obligation, unless excused for a serious reason (for example, illness, the care of infants) or dispensed by their own pastor. Those who deliberately fail in this obligation commit a grave sin.
                  (note: grave sin = mortal sin)

However, the Word of God says:

Romans 6:
                  Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
                  9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
                  10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
                  11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:
                  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
                  14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
                  15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Hebrews 9:
                  For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
                  25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
                  26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
                  27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
                  28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Of course we all know many, many more passages in scripture that makes it abundantly clear, that Christ ALONE is the mediator between man and God and is such because He is the ONCE, FOR ALL, sacrifice Lamb who is risen. Forgiveness of sin is in turning to Him, confessing our sin, repenting and believing in Him. No "system" is necessary. No further cleansing is necessary. His shed blood is more than sufficient! HALLELUJAH! (Yes .. I get excited about this reality .. this eternal reality. )

Issachar

Comment

[QUOTE][venial sins might be cussing, disobeyed parents, stole something ../QUOTE]

You know, I am glad that I'm not catholic because if I believed what they teach about venal sins and purgatory, what would be my reason for being a good person. If I'm going to burn in purgatory for even a couple sins, EVEN ONE, then I'd sure live it up and be a much bigger sinner than that. Got to make it worth all the pain.

Oh well,back to the topic.

Comment

To pay for sins in Purgatory, is to negate Christ's death on the cross.
                      He paid our sin debt once and for all on the cross, and when we accept him as our Savior, those sins are forgiven.
                      I think there is some confusion as to how we'll be judged when we get to Heaven.
                      It won't be whether we're we measure up to Christ, we don't, which is why he died for our sins.
                      What we'll be judged for, is what we did for God while we were here.
                      2nd Corinthians 5:10
                      10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
                      It's not a condemnation, but more like an evaluation.
                      These deeds and motives will be tested by fire, what is pure, done for God and not self (for the approval of others, etc) will survive. All else will burn up.
                      Some will suffer loss, but they will still be saved, they won't lose that.
                      10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
                      So purgatory is a Catholic belief (as far as I know), that doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by gregstien View Post
                        To pay for sins in Purgatory, is to negate Christ's death on the cross.
                        He paid our sin debt once and for all on the cross, and when we accept him as our Savior, those sins are forgiven.
                        I think there is some confusion as to how we'll be judged when we get to Heaven.
                        It won't be whether we're we measure up to Christ, we don't, which is why he died for our sins.
                        What we'll be judged for, is what we did for God while we were here.
                        2nd Corinthians 5:10

It's not a condemnation, but more like an evaluation.
                        These deeds and motives will be tested by fire, what is pure, done for God and not self (for the approval of others, etc) will survive. All else will burn up.
                        Some will suffer loss, but they will still be saved, they won't lose that.

So purgatory is a Catholic belief (as far as I know), that doesn't exist.
                        Purgatory is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible, it was one of the causes of the separation of the Protestantnd Protastant churches.

Comment

We are, shall we say, separated
                          I listened to this last night and got a cold chill up my spine. What I am hearing is a veiled threat from this oh-so loving kindly old man we all should be calling Papa, Father and Brother.

If, as he says, the "protest" is over, then why doesn't he just leave everyone alone? If we all agree, then why are we now required to submit to him (which of course, is exactly what he is saying!)? The reason is because he is of the Jesuit Agenda, which has from the beginning been to counter the reformation and bring all the "separated brethren" back into the controlling clutches of the Vatican.

If the book of Jude was written to describe anyone, it is the Jesuits first and foremost. They are and have always been a diabolical and hideous group of men for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever. This man, this pope, is the worst wolf in sheeps clothing we have seen in a very long time. The Jesuits have been silently hidden, doing their dirty work under cover for many years, but I fear they may have just thrown down the gauntlet.

When Joseph's brothers got hungry enough, they went to Egypt to find their brother. Is that a threat? I wonder.

This is from Roger Oakland's understanding the times -

http://www.understandthetimes.org/jesuit.shtml

Understanding The Jesuit Agenda and the Evangelical/Protestant Church

Comments From Understand The Times
                          The new pope chosen by the Roman Catholic Church will be very interesting to follow. He is the first Jesuit chosen to be pope. As well he already has bowed down to an idol of Mary and adored the Eucharist during his first full day as pope. He is a Jesuit who is Marion and Eucharistic.
                          Several months ago Lighthouse Trails and Understand The Times co-published the following article which explains the Jesuit agenda that is designed to bring back the "separated brethren" to the "mother of all churches." It is time for undiscerning Christians to wake up and pay attention to Bible prophecy.

Comment

Sandi --you are exactly right and I had the same cold chill------this man is a death camp man.
                            All who are hypnotized by his snake-like tongue of gentleness will leave the very few of us who
                            hear the SHEPHERD'S voice to be hunted down and burned at stakes--what this so called church
                            and the Jesuits do very very well---we are seeing a sleeping giant awake, hungry and wanting to
                            eat teh faithful few for supper. Me--I'm gonna sing in those flames--others have done thus so why not me.

Comment

In that link to Roger Oakland's we page, there is another link for a little book called the Secret Instructions of the Jesuits. It pretty well gives you all the information you need to know about this pope and his agenda for us bible believers.

Comment

Working...
                              X